• Under supervisory direction, manage (design, monitor, maintain, and control) multiple instances and installations of Oracle, MongoDB, Postgres and/or MS SQL databases in a MSP environment.
• Provide 24/7/365 operational support for databases being utilized for SaaS applications. The applications are revenue generating, externally facing databases for clients under stringent SLAs.
• This position will work as a functional member of the Network Operations Center.
• In addition to operational DBA tasks, this position will work closely with Team Leads, DBA, and developers to design, build, or modify appropriate structures for future enhancements and provide guidance for efficient database access methods.
• Assists in Maintaining operations of multiple database environments from single node to RAC environments.
• Under direction of DBA, performs regular maintenance of databases, including: backups, data pump, restorations, and log review for errors or potential problems.
• Collaborates with DBAs, developers, infrastructure teams, and external customers.
• Ability to learn basic performance and tuning concepts and apply them, under direction, when troubleshooting issues.
• Assist with installation, configuration, implementation, and patching of database software and related products.
• Follows archiving, backup and recovery policies and strategies.
• Ability to deliver within SLA.
• Responsible for database monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Ability to utilize ticketing system.
• Assists with configuration, backup/recovery, sizing, space management, and PL/SQL or T-SQL tuning.
• Ability to learn performance analysis, performance tuning, and debugging performance issues.
• Must be proficient in English on a conversational level with English speaking external clients.
• Experience working in high pressure, dynamic, 24/7/365 environments
• 2-5 years’ of experience administering database systems
• Experience configuring and replicating Disaster Recovery solutions
• Effectively communicates technical issues in clearly understandable English in a non-technical manner and engage with globally distributed teams of technically diverse individuals
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or Networking
• Any certifications are a plus
*Similar or equivalent disciplines will apply
• Customer focus
• Problem solving
• Technical/Job Competence
• Personal Effectiveness
• Relationship Building
• Willingness to learn
EthicalHat is a global technology and services company with offices in Baltimore, Maryland, USA and Gurgaon, Haryana, India. The foundation of the company is based off of three principles: People, Process, and Technology. EthicalHat operates primarily within the disciplines of cyber security which include, but not limited to; information risk management, security analytics, cloud security, mobile security, etc… Our primary function to C-Suite executives within the public/private sectors is to provide technical services, vendor agnostic products, deliver full product implementations, remote MSP and support services via our network and security operations center. To learn more about how you can join a dedicated and hardworking team of cyber security professionals in India’s technology center visit our career’s page at www.ethicalhat.com.
Please Note: EthicalHat Inc., EthicalHat Cyber Security Private Limited and all its divisions are an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Category||Database, Network Operations Center|
|Company||EthicalHat Cyber Security Pvt. Ltd.|